‘Tis the Season to Shop Local: 7 Ways to Support Almaguin Businesses
What’s up, Almaguin! Let’s sprinkle some extra joy this Christmas by shopping locally.
This year, we are adding a fun twist: any purchase made at an Almaguin business in South River, Sundridge, Burk's Falls, Armour, Emsdale or Novar, you can fill out a ballot for a chance to win a $300 gift basket filled with Almaguin goodies or a chance at one of three $100 gift cards to a local business of your choice.
Here are seven ways you can play a part in boosting the local economy.
1. Hunt for Local Gems: Picture this: strolling through a local market, sipping cocoa, and stumbling upon handmade Almaguin treasures. Those local markets and pop-up shops are where the magic happens—hidden gems, unique art, and the chance to support local artisans. Be sure to check our events page to keep in the loop of what's going on.
2. Wrap-Up Experiences: Gift an experience like an ATV adventure, a dinner out, or maybe a weekend escape. It's not just a gift; it’s a memory in the making.
3. Mark Your Calendar: Pick a day to hit up a local business you've never been in before. Join the fun, show some love, and explore the magic these stores have to offer.
4. Social Media Superpowers: Share the love online! Post about your fantastic local discoveries, spread the word — tag the businesses, it all helps them spread their reach and win at the algorithm game.
5. Go for Local Gift Cards: Here’s a cool idea: gift cards from local spots! It’s a win-win: your loved ones get to explore new places, and these businesses get a boost.
6. Get Involved: Give back! Volunteer or join community events organized by local businesses. It’s a blast and a great way to show support.
7. Shop Local Online: It's not just Amazon, even online, you can keep it local! Look for local businesses' websites when shopping online. Plenty of Almaguin shops have social media pages and often post what they have for sale.
This season, let’s make the shopping spree about more than just gifts. Let’s light up our communities, weave stronger connections, and spread that warm fuzzy feeling of supporting our friends and neighbours.